SootheAway is a continuous thermal therapy system developed by Innovative Medical Equipment, LLC (IME). It was designed by the world-renowned Plastic surgeon Dr. Bahman Guyuron. This system is a source of cooling, heating, targeted and continuous therapy that offers drug-free, soothing pain relief. It delivers immediate relief to the paining, swollen, uncomfortable or bruised areas. The system is easy to set up, lightweight and portable.
This system administers cold and heat therapy at an optimum temperature to relieve chronic and acute pain in any part of the body. It does this by circulating distilled water continuously through physician-designed, comfortable therapeutic pads. It uses a thermo-electric device to cool and heat the distilled water inside the channels of the relief pads. After the initial setup, this device becomes maintenance-free and is always ready to use when switched on.
SootheAway thermal therapy system can be used to relieve all kinds of pain in different parts of the body. This includes migraines, headaches, post-surgical pain, muscle and joint pain, abdominal cramps, backaches and eye puffiness. It can also be used to relief pain caused by insect stings, menstrual cramps, neck pain, sports injuries, TJM pain and foot aches among others.
SootheAway was originally developed for headache and migraine relief. However, as a result of patient requests other pads were developed and are still being developed for pain relief on other parts of the body. Below are products that this company deals in.
- Front & Side Head Relief Pad – Ideal for tension, stress, migraine headache relief. It targets the two main areas that trigger migraines namely the temples and forehead.
- Rear Head (Occipital) Relief Pad – Ideal for stress, tension and migraine headaches occurring in the back of the head. It targets the occipital region which is the main trigger area of migraines.
- Eye Relief Pad – Can be used to treat sinus pain or migraines located behind the eyes. Can also be used to treat sinusitis, muscle spasm, heat stroke and to reduce post-surgery swelling and bruising as a result of eye surgery.
- Universal Relief Pad – Delivers relief for back, joint and muscle pain. It is flexible and can therefore be attached to almost any body part.
- Injection Pad – Used by physicians before injecting botox or similar chemicals or fillers on patients. It delivers consistent, continuous heating or cooling on the targeted area of skin.
- Shoulder Relief Pad – Ideal for reducing swelling and bruising that might occur after shoulder surgery. It is strapped on the shoulder to provide comfortable, therapeutic relief.
- Knee Relief Pad – Helps to reduce swelling and bruising that may occur after knee surgery. It also helps to reduce bleeding and improves range of motion.
- Back Relief Pad – Delivers heating and cooling therapy for those who have undergone lower back surgery. It provides the ideal combination of temperature and pressure to the targeted areas thus reducing pain, swelling and bruising.
- Ankle Relief Pad – Reduces swelling and bruising that occurs after foot or ankle surgery and also reduces bleeding and improves motion range.
- Auto Power Cord – AC adapter for the standard automotive cigarette lighter plug.
All these pads are compatible with the main SootheAway unit and can be ordered separately.
SootheAway is a pain relief device invented by the renowned Surgeon, Dr. Bahman Guyuron who has served in various University Hospitals in Cleveland. The company that manufactures this product is known as Innovative Medical Equipment, LLC (IME). This company is run by a team of manufacturing specialists, engineers and medical professionals.
The offices of this company are located at 29001 Cedar Road, Suite 326, Cleveland, OH 44124. The email address of the company is email@example.com and the telephone number is 877-646-1222
The IP address of this website is 22.214.171.124 and the IP location is Culver City, United States. This company launched its website on 27th October, 2008 meaning that it has been doing business online for 4 years.
SootheAway has generally received positive feedback from customers who have used it. It does seem to actually relieve all kinds of pain in the body including post-surgery pain, filler injections pain and migraines among others. Many customers are also happy with the fact that it is easy to set up and maintenance-free. Below are some comments from customers.
- I rented the unit with the forehead and universal pad as part of my post-op instructions following a face-lift. I was told to ice for a week and the machine made this process extremely simple and convenient. I used it every day and loved it. - Nikki L
- SootheAway was extremely convenient and effective for me. I used the cold immediately following filler injections and it decreased both the swelling and the discomfort. After the 3rd day, I switched to heat which eliminated the bruising within 24 hours. - Sherry J.
- It was easy to set up… easy to function… and within 30 minutes of getting home it was just wonderful, I mean it really is a wonderful machine. - Carrie B.
- I can't live without this machine. I have a ventricle shunt and experience migraines from time to time. I have taken all of the meds out there, but none of them get rid of my migraines like this machine. - C. Johannes
- As a long time migraine/headache sufferer, I know the need for using cold and hot therapy. SootheAway delivers on both. Anyone with headache pain should benefit from this machine. - P. Priscillah
- I bought this product a few months ago and it continues to be a great source of relief. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who suffers from migraines or headaches of any kind!! - D. Colen
SootheAway does not have a rating by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). This makes it a bit difficult to gauge the business credibility of this company. However, the fact that this product was developed by a renowned surgeon gives this business some credibility. In addition, all the products offered by this company come with a 90 day warranty which acts as a guarantee of their quality.
These products have also been covered in major media outlets like NBC, CBS, USA Today, Medcity News, Medical News Today and Elements4Health. They have also been exhibited in many conferences including the National Athletic Trainers Association, APTA Conference & Exposition, Military Health Systems Conference, MedTrade and the 2010 Headache Symposium by the American Headache Society.
Alexa has given SootheAway website a global traffic rank of 5,299,149 out of the 30 million global domains. The website has about 488 sites linking in. However, this site has not been ranked by Compete. Google has given this website a fairly good pagerank of 4 out of 10 and an SEO score of 12%.
The estimated percentage of global internet users who visit this site in 3 months is 0.000016%. According to www.webstatsdomain.com, this website receives about 140 pageviews daily and its estimated worth is $1,389.
SootheAway has a good social media presence as it has pages in most of the leading social media networks. For instance, it has a Twitter page whose link is http://twitter.com/turnoffthepain. The page does not show a lot of activity as there are only 29 Tweets, 28 Followers and a Following of 51.
A look at this company's Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/SootheAway shows that its has only 271 likes and a number of pictures uploaded. The company is however doing quite well on You Tube as it has 2 subscribers and 2,748 videos. The link to its You Tube page is http://www.youtube.com/user/sootheaway. It also has an active Weblog whose link is http://sootheaway.com/feed.
The owners of SootheAway website have a firm commitment to the privacy of their customers. For instance, they use a secure (https://) connection when taking payment information from customers to prevent credit card fraud. They have also put in place security measure to protect the alteration, misuse and loss of information. No personal information is stored on the web server. Instead, all information is locally stored in the office network and is only accessible by the staff of the company. The offices of the company are physically secured at all times.
Google has also listed this website as safe. A Google safe browsing diagnostic test carried out on the site showed that this site is not currently suspicious, it has not hosted malicious software and has not acted as intermediary for the infection of other websites over the past 90 days. The link to this diagnostic test is http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=www.sootheaway.com.
The top level package of this company is the SootheAway Continuous Thermal Therapy Device. It also sells thermal pads for use on different parts of the body. Below are the prices of the products sold by this company.
The prices charged by this company are competitive and compare well with similar products sold by competitors. Below is a brief comparison of prices:
SootheAway only ships to customers residing in the U.S.A. However, they do not ship products to :
- US Protectorates and Territories included in U.S.A. Protectorate Shipping Region
- P.O. Box addresses
- APO, FPO & DPO addresses
- International Locations
The products are shipped exclusively through FedEx. FedEx offers various shipping methods to suit all kinds of budgets. The company starts processing orders immediately after the checkout process is completed. Orders take between 2 to 5 business days to deliver depending on the shipping method used and the destination.
The shipping rates vary depending on the shipping method used. The SootheAway Continuous Thermal Therapy Device is currently being offered with free FedEx Ground Shipping. Below are the other FedEx shipping methods and shipping rates to the USA:
- FedEx Home Delivery - $17.26
- FedEx Priority Overnight - $76.74
- FedEx Express Saver - $35.52
- FedEx Standard Overnight - $68.23
- FedEx 2 Day - $42.21
Customers are able to track their orders through a FedEx tracking order number that is provided when their orders are shipped.
SootheAway sometimes allows customers to pay for the SootheAway Continuous Thermal Therapy Device in 4 installments. Each installment is $89.99. Those who would like to pay in installments should call 877.646.1222 between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm Monday to Friday.
Paying for products is quite easy through this website's secure checkout section. The company accepts use of various payment methods for the convenience of customers. One can choose to use PayPal which is one of the most secure and convenient online shopping methods.
The company also accepts alternative payment methods such as:
- Visa Card
- American Express.
All SootheAway products come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This means that a customer who is not 100% satisfied with the products for whatever reason can get a refund of the total amount of the purchase price minus handling and shipping costs. Customers should call 1.877.646.1222 or notifiy the company online within 30 days of purchasing the device. The serial number of the device should be included in the return request. The company might also ask you to fill a brief survey detailing why you are dissatisfied with the product. The device must be returned with all components in good working condition and in the orginal packaging to qualify for a refund.
Once a return has been approved, you will be notified via email. The email contains the FedEx Shipping label and the Return Authorization Number. Once the returned item is received and accepted by the company you will be sent a return payment confirmation email. A refund will then be made to your credit card account about 2 business days after receipt of the returned items. However, it could take up to 2 billing cycles for the credit to show on your monthly billing statement.
There is however no evidence to show whether this company honors its refund/return policy or whether it does not.
Best Available SootheAway Coupon: